CLIMBING ON THE OLYMPUS MOUNTAIN.
For fans of extreme, nature, and unforgettable memories, Euro Taxi offers you, leave civilization behind, merge with nature and take part in climbing to the top of Mount Olympus, the peak of Mikikas (Pantheon, 2917m.).
Anyone can take part in the excursion, with experience of climbing the mountains and without.
The main thing that is required of you, desire, purposefulness and normal physical condition.
During the ascent to Mount Olympus, you will feel a great sense of freedom, team spirit and excitement.
The duration of the excursion is 2 days, the cost of the tour does not include the cost of staying at the Spilios Agapitos shelter at an altitude of 2100 meters, approximately 12-15 euros.
In cases of overcrowding in the shelter, our company provides tents for all participants of the excursion to Olympus.
EXCURSION PROGRAM ASCENSION TO THE MOUNTAIN OLYMPUS IN GREECE.
- 12:00 – 13:00 Meeting in the lobby of your hotel in Halkidiki, Thessaloniki or Pieria and collecting all the participants of the excursion.
- 13:00 – 15:00 Transfer by car or minibus (depending on the group) to the point of the beginning of the ascent, a place called Prionia, at an altitude of 1200 meters on Mount Olympus.
- 15:00 – 19:00 Climbing Mount Olympus to the Spilios Agapitos shelter at a height of 2100 meters.
- 19:00 – 07:00 Rest and overnight in the shelter Spilios Agapitos.
- 07:00 – 11:00 Continuation of the ascent to the highest peak of Olympus, 2917 meters – peak Mitikas (Pantheon).
- 11:00 – 12:00 Holidays at the top of the highest mountain in Greece and obtaining a certificate of conquest of the summit of Mount Olympus, from the company Euro Taxi.
- 12:00 – 14:00 Lightened from the launch from the mountain to the Spilios Agapitos shelter to a height of 2100 meters.
- 14:00 – 15:00 Rest and lunch at the shelter (optional).
- 15:00 – 18:00 Lightened with launch to Prionia – the beginning of the ascent, height 1200 meters.
- 18:00 – 19:00 Dinner at the nearest tavern (optional).
- 19:00 – 22:00 Transfer by car or minibus (depending on the group) to your location.
We provide the first lunch (sandwiches and drinks).
You are advised to take with you small-sized food, sandwiches, croissants, fruit, chocolate (do not forget that every gram you carry on yourself).
Required water, 1,5 – 2 liters per person.
HOW BETTER WEAR
Very comfortable shoes, sneakers or sneakers. In sandals or slaps for a serious climb do not count.
Warm things – a jacket, a windbreaker (always cool at a height).
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOURSELF
Passport, medical insurance (or copies of documents), a flashlight, a charged phone, a camera.
SEASON OF PROVIDING
16 – 65 years (if health allows).
From 3 to 10 people.
Russian speaking guide (with a group of 6 people 2 guides) with extensive experience of climbing Mount Olympus.
The total length of the route is about 15 km.
The last section of the summit is extremely dangerous for climbing without good physical preparation.
The guide has the right to prohibit at his discretion the ascent to the top of a physically unprepared participant of the excursion.
Climbing can be interrupted at any time for the safety of any of the participants in the hike.
Interrupting the trip and not reaching the final goal, does not affect the amount of the fee in any way.
Mode of operation of the Shelter Spilios Agapitos:
May – October
06.00 – 22.00 (daily)
Guests must be in the shelter until 20.00
COST OF EXCURSIONS
150 Euro per person
The minimum group is 3 people.
If you are less than 3 people, you can apply and indicate the dates in which you are ready to participate in the excursion to Mount Olympus, we will contact you and let you know if we get a group (90% of the fact that the group will be collected).
Please send requests for participation in the excursion to Mount Olympus in advance.